Sunday, June 1, 2008

Like Sands through the Hour Glass..




Man, people sure are nice when they discover you're leaving for two years.  I think it is some kind of evil subconscious thing on the part of the "leavee" that makes the leaving part that much more difficult for the "leaver."  These past couple of weeks have been spent surrounded by good friends and my loving family. Last weekend in Boston was wonderful.  Friday night, Andrew and I had dinner in the north end with an amazing bottle of chianti, delicious food, and of course the obligatory cannoli from Modern Pastry.  Saturday evening was a bit rowdier-- filled with karaoke, scorpion bowls, mystery meat teriyaki, etc.  It was a celebration for the books.

Now, as the time to bid adieux looms closer, the mood in my house is a bit more somber.  I've been scrambling around doing last minute errands (one of which included seeing the new Indiana Jones movie...totally ridiculous but entertaining nevertheless), and trying to keep my mind from dwelling on worst case scenarios.  Somehow packing has not managed to get itself onto the to-do list just yet but alas, there's still a day remaining.  I don't know what I would do without my mom keeping me on track with the rest of the stuff.



By the way, I was really proud of my dad tonight.  We went out for sushi for some father-daughter mushy bonding time and my dad had an open mind and helped me indulge in all the wild and crazy maki rolls I could eat.  

No comments: