Friday, August 1, 2008

dun dun dun


I have been absolutely terrible about posting. I have much to catch everyone up on but big news takes precedence. Today I found out my site for the next two years.....La Grama, Cajamarca!!! The town is situated in a valley (which makes for warm weather during the day) and boasts a population of 1500 people. The last volunteer, who left three years ago and who is often referred to as ¨Patty Peace Corps¨--no joke--, started up organic farming projects, yoga, etc and so as you can imagine I am more than thrilled. There is a
farmers market every weekend, and oh yeah my host mom knows how to make veggie burgers!! This might mean that I can get through my two years consuming more than just potatoes and guinea pig. I am ecstatic. Still not sure what the bathroom and electricity situation will be like but I will be leaving Sunday for a week long visit to meet my future host family and community partners.

More news to come (photo is from my hiking trip to markahuasi with zach. we got up to watch the sunrise)

No comments: